Saturday, August 4, 2012

Prowl The Peak Run (5K)

Prowl The Peak Run (5K) - August 1, 2012
time = 27:47
5th in my age group (30-39)
placed 68th overall (out of 196)
21st among the women

this was such a challenging run. first of all, it was at night. started at 9:25pm. there was a delayed start because there were lighting difficulties on one of the hills where they had to use car headlights to light the course. second, it was held in lapham peak park which is in the kettle moraine forest near my house. it was held on the ski trails. notably i am NOT a trail runner so this was so so hard! there were a few hills that i had to walk a few steps to catch my breath. all in all i'm a bit disappointed by my time, the fact that kids and the elderly were passing me, and the fact that i actually had to stop running from time to time... but i completed it and i guess that's a good thing. i'm going to do it again next year and see if i'm any better.

UPDATE 9/5/13:  i failed to follow through with the 2013 race.  i've been having serious GI issues and tapered off my runs until i could figure out what was going on with my body.  therefore this race was a DNF considering i never even went to get my bib.  turns out that my issues are gluten related and i'm sensitive to that.  after modifying my eating habits i'm happy to report that my body is getting better and i'm able to run without excessive bathroom breaks.  yay me! 

No comments: