this morning on the drive to work i was listening to the radio folks as they were talking about "9 things that happy people do that other people don't do" and i found myself smiling at it because i could relate to many (if not all) of the things that were being listed. it is really surprising how powerful small changes like the ones i'm about to list can be in one's life if you just commit to them. i know that it sounds like it's easier said than done and i used to be that person who didn't believe that it was that simple. now tho'… i know it is that simple.
you change your mind you change your life. i truly believe that.
1. happy people don't blame other's for their problems.
2. happy people don't overreact to the present moment.
3. happy people don't use negative language.
4. happy people don't feel trapped.
5. happy people don't focus on a single passion or relationship.
6. happy people don't dwell on past failures.
7. happy people don't spend more time than necessary around unhappy people.
8. happy people don't gossip.
9. happy people don't procrastinate.
every morning i wake up and i feel fortunate for everything i've got going for me and i am thankful for all of it. i feel practically charmed for the way my life has panned out. i believe it begins there.
it is really easy to fall into a hole of doom and gloom but really… why? someone somewhere will always have it worse than you. there is always a way to find the happy in any situation. there is always a way to see the positive. it may not be easy but there is always a way if you want to find it. so find your happy… what made you happy today?