Monday, May 28, 2018

the pain in the butt saga continues...

last thursday i saw an orthopedic sports medicine doc.  i was referred to this guy by my pcp for the pain in my literal ass.  my pcp didn't think anything was torn but thought the pain might be due to the bursa sac or scarring around my hamstring... so i went and saw this new guy.

they did x-rays because that's what you have to do before insurance will pay for an mri.  x-rays were fine.  my bones are apparently beautiful and my spine has the perfect amount of spacing where all the spaces are supposed to be.  that's good news because we were worried about my spine since it has hurt since october of 2015 due to the whole kettlebell swing accident.  anyhoo... back is fine.  all bones are fine... next thing to do is look at the soft tissues. 

soooooo... they're communicating with my insurance to see if it's covered and then i will get scheduled for the mri.  in the meantime, my butt hurts after i run.

i'm just thankful that it doesn't hurt when i actually am running.  turns out... the butt thing has been around for more than a year.  i wrote briefly about it in my iceage DNF race report.

the doc thinks its a tear and the mri will tell us how much of a tear.  if it's under a certain percentage then the next step is a cortisone shot.  if its more than a certain percentage then it might be a surgical issue.  the doc doesn't think it will be a surgical issue.  fingers crossed that the shot stops the pain...  it's getting real tiresome.

No comments: