Thursday, September 12, 2019

now is a good time to talk about Frank

so... i've been running pretty consistently this season and i think a lot of it can be attributed to Frank.

meet frank...




i got Frank in november 2018 and he started running with me in spring.  he is an australian cattle dog also known as a blue heeler.  i did a lot of research before choosing this breed.  my last dog, luda, died at 14 years old at the end of last summer and i miss him terribly.  he was a boston terrier and while he loved to be with me, and tried his best to run with me... it was difficult for him to run any sort of distance.  the best he did was 6 or so miles.  so when it was time for me to bring a new dog into my life i wanted someone that could run long trail miles with me.  enter... the australian cattle dog.

these dogs were bred to herd cattle long distances through challenging terrain and weather.  they're also a medium-sized dog and therefore much more manageable than some of the larger dogs i was considering.  he's really a great dog and i'm so happy i can share my life and my runs with him.





No comments: