Thursday, May 8, 2014

physical therapy & all this tedious leg business

first day of physical therapy.  i guess i really didn't know what to expect but i expected a lot more than what i got.  the therapist just did a lot of range of motion tests and wrote down the results, made me do a bunch of exercises to see where my weaknesses were, and we talked about what went down with my stupid body in the first place.

i was with her for about an hour.

i left with a handful of exercises that she wants me to do two times a day and she wants to see me weekly for the next 6 weeks.

i have no idea what for but i'm going to do the exercises and go with it for now... if i see no progress in a few weeks i'm gonna quit.

i couldn't run today because my leg hurts every time it strikes the ground.  3 strikes in and i had to quit my run so basically i didn't even make it down the driveway.  it is numb a lot of the time and i'm certain that the pain is from my running saturday, sunday, and monday.  i felt so good running those days that i thought i was back.  too much too soon as is always my struggle.

i have a 5K on sunday for mother's day.  not sure i'm going to do it now.  i guess i'll just NOT run until then and see how i feel sunday morning.

i'm so frustrated and tired of this leg business...

No comments: