Sunday, April 10, 2016

I RAN TODAY!!!

i've been so afraid of running.  i saw my chiropractor last week and he told me to go ahead and try a short run this weekend.  today i took the plunge.  i went to the ymca with my son and his friend so they could play basketball.  i figured that the y was a better place to test out my running since if it was a bust i could switch to some other sort of cardio and lick my wounds.

i got on the treadmill and did a brisk walk for one minute.  then i bumped it up to about a 9min mile.  this felt GREAT!  so i bumped it up a little faster.  this too felt GREAT!  so i ran just under a 9min mile for about a mile and then i decided to go a little faster for awhile.  by the time i was 2.5 miles in i was running at just shy of a 7min mile!  it was GLORIOUS!  there was no pain.  there was no nothin'!

i felt absolutely nothing in my hamstring.  NOTHING!  this is amazing!  i was smiling and running and i so badly wanted to high-five the people on the mills next to me.  no one made eye contact with me tho' so there was no high-fiving to be had.  *sigh*

my stupid shit eating grin was probably terrifying truth be told.  here i am running like a mad woman for the last half mile and i probably looked insane!  i was so happy!  i AM so happy!

i hope this is the turn around!

No comments: