Monday, March 11, 2013

March 120

starting january 1st i began a goal of running every day for the entire year of 2013. the goal is to complete 1-2 miles each day at the very least. my friend angie created a facebook group for motivation and accountability. when faced with the challenge i thought... what an awesome thing. i can totally do this! so i began running at least 2 miles every day on january 1st.

then last month (february) i stumbled upon a facebook post that talked about a 100 mile challenge. it was right at the end of the month and i had no idea how many miles i had ran total but i decided to join the facebook challenge to complete 100 running miles in 28 days and log my miles anyway. i completed 118.39. i'm pretty proud of that goal.

then for march the same guy who created the february challenge (john sales) created a new challenge. complete 120 miles in 31 days.

i'm learning so many things about myself from this challenge. i am learning that i can push on even when my body is screaming at me that it cannot possibly go another mile. i'm learning that i am stronger than my fears. i'm learning that i can run through weather that just one year ago i would have balked at and told you only crazy people run in. i love to run.

running soothes my mind and calms my soul. it makes any bad day better and puts a smile on my face every time. even a bad run is a good run. there has never been a time that i've gone on a run or run on the treadmill that i've said when i was done that i wished i didn't do that.

i have no doubt that i will complete the 1 a day challenge. i may not try to do another 120 in a month but at least i can say that i've done it.

there's a lot to be said for giving yourself goals and then smashing them to bits. set a goal people... and then demolish that goal!

I BELIEVE IN YOU!

for more motivation or inspiration... "like" my facebook page.
image

No comments: