Saturday, August 9, 2014

better

alright... so the good news is that my leg is seemingly better.  my mileage this week was 38 and some change (sunday-saturday).  i ran my long run (13.65) on the trails today and was pain free up until about the last 3 miles.  even then the discomfort was really just in the back of my right knee which is promising.  i've been rolling my IT band religiously a few times a day so i think that's been pivotal to the recovery.

with any luck i'll be good to go and back to normal soon enough.  lots of stress lately in my personal life which is never a good thing.  i think it contributes greatly to the deep downward spiral that enables me the opportunity to fall into a depression.  i'm on the upswing tho' so there's that.


1 comment:

Sun said...

Glad to hear things are finally taking a turn for the better! Keep it up with the foam rolling - hurts like crazy but definitely helps prevent and rehab those pesky leg injuries :)