Thursday, February 18, 2016

pacer? what's that?

looks like i'm going to be pacing the lakefront marathon instead of racing it.  this is bringing me more joy than i anticipated when i first entertained the idea a day or so ago.  i saw the facebook post go up and i "liked" it right away, but it took a few hours to really roll around in my head before i really started to think hey... maybe i could do that.

so i filled out the application and got a response back today.  i feel really good about it.  i rely pretty heavily on pacers when i've run both of my marathons to keep me on track and moving forward.  the pace groups were pivotal to helping me reach the goals i set for myself for those races.  i am proud and excited to say that i will get the opportunity to help others do that same thing this year.

i think it will be really fun to run this race for fun without the added pressure i put on myself to meet a super challenging goal.  the last time i paced a friend in a race i really enjoyed the race immensely and had a great time the whole time.  i anticipate this will be no different.

the bonus is giving back to the sport that has given me so much.  i feel awesome about that.  i just hope that i can do what needs to be done and that i don't disappoint.

barring injury i think this will be a super fun race.  i just have to find some super fun outfit to wear now!

No comments: