Tuesday, February 23, 2016

out before i was in

saw my PT today and we've come to the cold hard truth that i have to defer my entry for iceage until 2017.  i'm sort of heartbroken about it.  ok... truth be told i'm very heartbroken about it.

this was supposed to be my A race for 2016.  this was the race where i was planning to kill it and PR and run it like a champion.  this was going to be the best ever!

then my stupid body went and messed it all up.  man, it's hard getting old.  there's something going on with my left hamstring.  don't quite know what it is or what has caused it as it just sort of came on gradually.  a little bit of pain and then a little more and then a whole lot and then i was limping regularly.  so there's that.

i'm good right now and my PT has cleared me to walk 5 miles tomorrow.  woo hoo!  once we see how that goes then i might get to run a couple of miles a day or so after that.  if it causes any pain then i don't get to run.  i've run once for 2 miles in the past 2 weeks.  it sucks.

i'm just going to sit around and eat pie and get fat.

this isn't fair and yes i'm pouting about it.  i just want to be able to run.  it makes me happy.  it keeps me sane.  it helps me sleep for christ's sake!  i NEED it!

instead i'm going to be cranky because i can't run, i can't bike, i can't elliptical... i can't do anything that pushes off.  i can walk so i guess i'm walking until further notice.  yay, walking.

grumble grumble stupid walking...


No comments: