Saturday, October 26, 2013

not just yet

while that run the other day was amazing and glorious and inspiring… it also hurt.  

i'm not sure what the problem is with my foot.  it is truly disheartening that i cannot run whenever i feel like running (and i feel like running often).  i am not a patient woman.  

i am incredibly impatient.  

i need to see a doctor, chiropractor, and or a physical therapist.  i don't want to be sidelined for long.  i feel like i've been slacking so much by not running for the past several weeks.  logically i know that i need to rest my foot… but i am completely uninterested in being static.  the only time stillness isn't death is in yoga.  thank god for yoga.



6 comments:

nwgdc said...

But, yoga classes tend to end with "shavasana -- corpse pose." now what?! :)

nikki said...

true... but that's simply a little nap at the end of very difficult stillness. ;)

Sun said...

Injuries suck :( I hope your foot feels better soon so you can run to your heart's desire!

nikki said...

thanks Sun! i just had an x-ray yesterday so we'll see what it says. it could just be (apparently) a very deep bruise. that's what i'm hoping for as opposed to having something broken.

nwgdc said...

My wife is a yoga instructor. Oh, how I love shavasana! Hope that ankle gets better! If you're still looking for answers, look in to Active Release Technique.

nikki said...

i was hoping that my doc would send me to a PT… i tried to get in with my chiropractor last week but no luck… i'll totally look into the Active RElease Technique! thanks!